What is Teeth Whitening Treatment?
Have you ever been fascinated by pearly white teeth? I am sure you must have been, but only a few of us are blessed with that whiter smile. Teeth Whitening Treatment in Kolkata is a cosmetic dental procedure where the dentist uses certain chemicals and lasers to whiten your teeth to help you achieve the perfect white smile.
It is a widely used and reliable dental procedure to achieve a brighter teeth shade. At Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic, we offer advanced treatments for instant teeth whitening in Kolkata, applying the latest dental technology that gives you milky-white, sparkling teeth.
It is a treatment that treats stains and discoloration that has happened either due to some of your bad habits or accidents. The effect of treatment is long-lasting, and you can have brighter teeth than before after the process.
Types of stains that our teeth whitening procedure removes
There are two categories related to teeth staining that need professional care and teeth whitening treatment we provide in Kolkata. Our dentists are always ready to serve you with a whiter smile of your choice by aiding you to get rid of the stains or discoloration from the two categories.
- Intrinsic: Intrinsic discoloration is when the inner layer of the teeth, also known as dentin, becomes discolored. The stain generally appears because of internal problems or due to medications. The probable reasons for intrinsic stains can be tooth decay or oral health issues. It is comparatively difficult to cure only using a teeth whitening treatment. It instead might need RCT or dental fillings along with the primary treatment.
- Extrinsic: Extrinsic stains are stains on the outside of your teeth, also known as enamel. It is a semi-translucent layer of highly-resilient mineral crystals that shields your teeth from damage. Since extrinsic dental stains result from external substances, the causes of these kinds of dental stains tend to be from tea, coffee, cigarettes, tobacco, Wine, cold drinks, etc. It is easy to treat with teeth whitening treatment in Kolkata and guarantees visible results.
Cost of Teeth Whitening in Kolkata ( Teeth cleaning)
The cost of the teeth whitening in Kolkata largely depends on the type of treatment you are looking for. In general, it can be said that the average cost for a dentist to do this procedure is around INR 8,000-INR 12,000. The cost of teeth whitening depends on the intensity of tooth whitening required and how deep into the enamel the tooth needs to be breached.
There are different teeth whitening techniques that vary according to the level of intensity. Some common teeth whitening procedures, like in-office bleaching and take-home kits, have different levels of intensity and cost too. In-office teeth whitening is the most popular procedure among all because it has various levels of intensity, is relatively inexpensive, and can be taken at any time.
Who are the ideal candidates for teeth whitening treatment?
Almost everyone is a good candidate for teeth whitening treatment. As most of us are not blessed with the pearly white smile, so most of us can go for this treatment. The treatment is good at curing both intrinsic and extrinsic stains affordably. Generally, these persons go for teeth whitening treatment at our clinic in Kolkata.
- Unhappy with their teeth' shade
- Have stains because of tea, coffee, wine, etc.
- Discoloration because of intrinsic causes
- Smoking or tobacco made the teeth stained
- The desire for milky white teeth
But in certain cases, you cannot go for this treatment as it uses laser technology which might be harmful. Pregnant and lactating women, children under 16 years of age, and individuals with sensitive teeth must not go for this treatment as it might risk your health.
What causes discoloration of teeth?
Teeth can become stained or discolored because of varied reasons, including your lifestyle, poor dental hygiene, and disease. Some of the causes are under our control, and some are beyond it, which is not in our hands. Some primary causes of teeth discoloration which leads to teeth whitening treatment are:
- Consuming beverages like tea, coffee, and red wine frequently can lead to teeth staining
- Intake of fluoride in early years
- Smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco frequently can cause teeth discoloration
- When permanent teeth get damaged as a consequence of an accident or tooth trauma
- Ageing can also lead to staining or discoloration of teeth.
- Certain infections or illnesses
- Some medications may also lead to stained teeth
Note: You can treat all sorts of dental discoloration under professional supervision with teeth whitening treatment in Kolkata or as the dentist prescribes. We guarantee you to give visible results in just one sitting.
Types of teeth whitening treatments in Kolkata
With the advancement in technology, we have come a long way in teeth whitening procedures. We use different techniques for teeth whitening treatment in Kolkata. Some of the major types include:
In-office: An in-office dental whitening treatment completes in a single sitting and takes less than an hour. The dentist places a protective coat on the gums and lips, and whitening gel is applied to the teeth. Then, with an ultraviolet lamp, teeth whitening treatment is done. This process usually implies a higher concentration of bleaching gel, and this type of treatment can immediately yield visible results.
ZOOM whitening: The procedure is simple, where the dentist covers your lips and gums and applies Zoom gel. And then Zoom light is pointed at the teeth with gel on them. The light and gel work together to penetrate your teeth, breaking up the stains and discoloration, resulting in brighter teeth shade.
Laser teeth whitening: It is cosmetic laser dentistry that includes the use of a laser for in-office teeth whitening. The laser teeth whitening treatment in Kolkata is exclusively done under dental supervision. The process begins with placing a concentrated whitening gel on your teeth and then using a laser to heat it, which whitens your teeth quickly.
Laser teeth whitening for a painless result
Bright teeth are, without a doubt, more popular and desirable. Laser technology has changed how many functional and cosmetic procedures and dentistry solutions have reached new heights. Laser teeth whitening is a highly effective way to clear stains and discoloration from the teeth, leaving them whiter and brighter than before. The way that laser teeth whitening works is very simple, but it requires expert care and cannot be done at home.
Laser teeth whitening in Kolkata is done at Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic by an experienced Dentist. Where we ensure to use of the latest US FDA Approved Dental Lasers in the process. This is a refined and painless technique that gives you one shade of lighter teeth. Before initiating the procedure, the dentist will check your oral health and may recommend scaling/polishing, filling, or RCT to amplify the effects of laser teeth whitening.
Benefits of laser teeth whitening
As Laser teeth whitening is the latest technology to whiten teeth, it comes with some major benefits that you, as a candidate for teeth whitening treatment in Kolkata, must know about. Some of the main benefits are:
- Laser teeth whitening results are quick. You’ll see results within hours of your treatment and say bye to the yellow-gray teeth you had.
- Laser teeth whitening works precisely. As in, if you only need a few to be whitened, our dentist will be able to concentrate just on those teeth.
- It’s non-invasive and non-surgical.
- With proper care, attention, and good dental hygiene habits, your whitened teeth can stay whiter for a longer duration after the laser whitening.
- Laser teeth whitening is time-saving. You will finish your teeth whitening appointment at our dental clinic in roughly an hour.
Procedure of Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening is an advanced technique that needs to be done in an advanced dental clinic. Here the dentist will first examine your teeth, and if he thinks laser teeth whitening is required, then he will begin with the procedure that consists of a few simple steps:
- First, your dentist will put a plastic or rubber guard in your mouth to keep it open.
- Then he will spread a protective layer over your gums to cover them from the bleaching gel. These protective layers gradually solidify, creating a rubber-like layer on your gums that helps to control gum irritation and burning.
- Once the protective layer solidifies, the dentist will carefully use the whitening gel on your teeth.
- Then using a pen-like laser, he will activate the gel. It means the gel will start working to remove stains from your teeth.
- The gel is kept on your teeth for a few minutes. After which, the dentist will remove it using a small vacuum.
- The dentist will repeat these steps three or four times to get the desired teeth shade.
- Finally, the dentist will rinse your mouth and release the protective layer from your gums.
Aftercare of teeth whitening treatment
It is important to avoid certain foods and beverages to maintain teeth whitening so they don’t stain your teeth. Some drinks, such as tea, coffee, red wine, and cola, can cause stains, so you need to stay away from them. For 24 hours after teeth whitening treatment:-
- Avoid any food/drinks that would cause stains on teeth.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid mouthwash.
- Use an anti-sensitive toothpaste if you feel teeth sensitivity after the procedure.
- Do touch-ups or booster sessions to preserve the brightness of the treatment.
- Don’t use products like tooth-whitening pastes, strips, gels, pens, or any other home remedy to whiten your teeth. It may hurt your teeth and gums.
Teeth whitening Faq
- Can yellow teeth become white?
When there is a problem, there is definitely a solution. You must have heard that home remedies can help you whiten your yellow teeth, but it is not so. It might hurt the teeth' health. You need to visit the dentist and get teeth whitening treatment done, which will improve the teeth shade and aid you achieve the whiter teeth that you desire. Do not hesitate to visit the best cosmetic dentist in Kolkata and get the teeth whitening treatment to gain back confidence and smile back.
- Can teeth be whitened permanently?
Yes, with a teeth whitening treatment, you can get the teeth whitened for a long duration. All you need to do is to follow the instructions that the dentists at our dental clinic give. You need to avoid certain foods and drinks that cause discoloration, and maybe you need to visit the dentist at regular intervals for touchups, so the brightness remains intact for a long time.
- Is laser teeth whitening safe?
It is an advanced technology to make teeth whiter. It is a completely safe procedure, and there are no risks involved if you get the treatment from the professional of our dental clinic. We guarantee you 100% visible results with no tension of being burnt or any side effects that might affect your health. Laser teeth whitening in Kolkata is entirely a non-invasive and non-surgical process that is completely safe.
- What is better teeth bleaching or laser teeth whitening?
Both methods give great results if done under professional care. But laser teeth whitening gives better visible results and requires less time. Laser teeth whitening generally needs only one sitting to give you white teeth, but with the teeth bleaching process, you need to repeat it 3-4 times as per the teeth' color and condition. Visit Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic and get customized treatment as per your requirement.
- How many sessions do I need for teeth whitening?
A dentist can only say the exact amount only after examining your teeth' health. If you want to know about the sessions, require it may be somewhere between one to four, but you need to visit us to know the complete details as we need to take the exact impressions to check the complexity and type of stain that we need to treat and then only we can say the time that we will need to get back the whiteness of your teeth.
- Are home remedies recommended for teeth whitening?
No, being professional in this field, we recommend that you must never try any home remedy and instantly visit the dentist near you. The earlier you visit, the faster you recover. It is a myth that home remedies can help you; instead, they deteriorate your dental health, making it difficult for a dentist to bring whiteness. So it is better you visit the dentist once you start facing any dental problems and must not delay.