What are Full Mouth Dental Implants?
Like single dental implants replace a single tooth, Full-mouth dental implants are made to restore all or most of your teeth. These implants act as an alternative to dentures, where you need to replace missing teeth with these artificial teeth set so that you can speak and eat comfortably and improve your smile.
Good replacements should stay in their correct place when a person chews or talks. They should be close to function like natural teeth.
Full-mouth dental implants in Kolkata from Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic maintain both of these important qualities, and when the time comes to visit our dental clinic, a dentist can fit you with a set of full-mouth dental implants.
These multiple implants allow the dentist in Kolkata to bring out the most aesthetic results and restore aesthetics and oral function. This system indicates having all teeth in a jaw settled over 6 or 8 implants relying upon the quality and quantity of available bone.
Types of full-mouth dental implants in Kolkata
Different types of implants are available for replacing multiple or all missing teeth, including All on 4 implants and same-day full-mouth dental implants. The process entirely depends on the jawbone that a dentist can find after the proper scan. Some of the common Full mouth dental procedures in Kolkata include:
- All-On-4 Full Dental Implants: All on Four dental implants are employed for every row of teeth. Two straight and two angled implants are positioned to support the crowns. The procedure is completed by setting the replacement teeth on the implants.
- All-On-Six Dental Implants: Here, in all-on-six implants, the dentist helps to provide a stronger bite and support. However, this treatment is not practicable in patients who do not have much bone structure left.
- Traditional Removable Prosthetics: These prosthetics can be held by the implants, where two implants keep them in place but are supported by gums, or they can be implant-supported, where 4 or more implants bind to the denture and hardly touch the gums.
- Full-Implants No-Denture: A fairly less common option, their prerequisite is to have enough gum and bone structure to sustain one implant per tooth.
The cost of Full-mouth Dental Implants in Kolkata
The placement of a dental implant is a surgical procedure carried out on people with one or more missing tooth/teeth. For the procedure to take place, you need to have enough bone in your jaws, healthy neighbouring teeth, and strong gums to hold the implant.
The cost of a full-mouth dental implant with a dental fixed bridge or prosthesis starts from Rs 3,85,000 onward, and cost may vary depending upon the number of dental implants and Brands used.
The cost purely depends on the type of implants the patients choose, the patient’s bone type, and the brand of the implant and final prosthesis teeth.
|Full Mouth Implants||India||USA||UK||Mexico|
Who is an ideal Candidate For Full Mouth Dental Implants?
Because placing dental implants demands minor surgeries, a prospective patient should be in good health condition. They should be free of medical conditions that the methods could make worse. A dentist in Kolkata will examine their patient and take a complete medical history before certifying the patient for the implant process. Some of the main things that the dentist will look into involve the following:
- You should have healthy gums.
- People should have enough jaw bone density to support the dental implant.
After you get full-mouth implants, you must hold your dental hygiene. Good candidates for the treatment understand and accept this for the longevity of the dental procedure.
Benefits of Full Mouth Dental Implants
The advantages of full-mouth dental implants are the same advantages that a person enjoys from their natural teeth.
Not only do they seem like natural teeth and function like them, but the bridges or dentures fully supported by implants are also devised to be durable and long-lasting. These are much more comfortable and secure than regular dentures, allowing you to have a better natural biting and chewing ability. They also have several other benefits:
- Preservation of Bone Structure: The gums which sustain the teeth obtain support from the jawbone found under the gum. The tooth loss guides to the loss of jawbone strength, getting about facial structure modifications as the jawbone height shrinks. This can result in the corners of the mouth and cheeks dipping and sagging. Full-mouth dental implants deliver the same support as natural teeth roots and facilitate the bone within the jaw to strengthen the artificial tooth crown. It is a permanent solution that lasts for a lifetime and allows the person to eat, talk, and use the jaw without any problems while checking bone loss and stopping the gum bones from shrinking.
- Preservation of Adjacent Teeth: The movement of the remaining natural teeth and misalignment concerns with one’s bite can be controlled with full-mouth dental implants. Moreover, implants save the wear and tear on adjacent natural teeth as they do not need to conduct the double duty of supporting bite pressure of the artificial denture and bridge, resulting in their weakening.
- Higher Success Rate: Titanium dental implants strengthen from the bone and gum that grow around the implant material. They do not require periodic replacements that usually come with dentures or bridges. The full-mouth dental implant can last up to 25 to 30 years with adequate oral hygiene.
- Natural-Looking: Full dental implants have an entirely natural look, and people usually cannot tell the difference. A natural facial appearance is also held during restoration, giving one a beautiful smile.
- Suitable for People with High Caries: Teeth Care Multispeciality Dental Clinic defines that Cavities can be driven often in people with high caries index directing to injury to the teeth, making them lose teeth regularly in the absence of adequate awareness and care. Thus, full-mouth dental implants can be highly beneficial for such people.
- Ideal for Missing Multiple Teeth: Full mouth implants are the ideal choice for people with multiple teeth missing. A long-lasting option requires zero maintenance. The patient has to endure much less discomfort, and fewer visits are required to replace every tooth.
Procedure for Full Mouth Dental Implants
The treatment of full-mouth dental implants is a complex process. It is believed to be an invasive method with several surgical instruments needed to implant the roots. The procedure is done by the top implantologist in Kolkata following these steps:
- Diagnosis: The dentist takes x-rays to determine bone strength, authenticate the situation, and prepare the best solution.
- Implantation Surgery: The number of implants required is inserted as a titanium screw into the gum and jawbone. They work as new tooth “roots.”
- Placing the Crown: After the jawbone and gum have healed, an abutment or connector is put on top of the titanium screw. After this, the last piece, the new tooth crown, goes into position, giving a permanent new tooth that is as sturdy as a natural tooth.
- Readjustment: The dentist may sometimes re-adjust the implants until they are in the correct position and have proper tightness within the next 24 hours.
- Recovery Period and Checkups: The first six months after getting the implants are the most critical. This is when the teeth get tough, and the implants are fixed. Several appointments may be required till the implants have fully healed.
Aftercare for Full Mouth Dental Implant
Once your implant has been inserted, you will require to take appropriate care of your oral health. Some steps are listed below that can assist you in taking proper care of your oral health:
- Brush twice a day to keep good oral hygiene
- Select your toothbrushes wisely with smaller heads and softer bristles
- Floss once a day to guarantee proper cleaning of your mouth even between the teeth
- Confirm frequent visits to your dentist
- Water Flosser is a must for hygiene Maintenance
Is getting Dental implants a painful process?
Getting dental implants from the best dental implant dentist in Kolkata will let you feel little or no pain at all. Patients are administered anaesthesia while preparing for the implant, which causes surgery which numbs the area that absolutely causes no pain.
Is there any right age for full-mouth dental implants?
There is no such upper age limit or restriction when it comes to getting full-mouth dental implants, but they should be avoided before the age of 18-20 years to keep the jaw growth pattern and milestones in account. But the patient getting this implant should have no serious health issues and should be healthy to get the process done.
Will I have discomfort after the full-mouth dental implant surgery?
The implant is performed by the top dentist in Kolkata and uses the latest technology to restore your teeth which is safe and trustable. It promotes healing, and usually, there is no pain or distress after the implant surgery.
How to clean full-mouth dental implants?
The care of dental implants plays a vital role in their longevity. Dental implants should be kept clean like natural teeth, following oral hygiene practices such as thorough brushing twice daily using a soft-bristled toothbrush and low-abrasion toothpaste. Just maintain regular oral hygiene and avoid some of the foods that affect the teeth' health. After the treatment from the best dental clinic in Kolkata, we will give detailed information on dos and dont's after the full mouth dental implants.