Cosmetic dentistry is a popular branch of dentistry that focuses on whitening and shaping to closing spaces and replacing teeth. Dentists have a wide variety of tools and techniques for enhancing the look of your smile.
Professionals define cosmetic dentistry as a dental treatment that enhances your bite, teeth, and gums. We believe that aesthetic dentistry should complete a patient's oral and general health.
Believe it or not, your smile is usually one of the first things people notice. Maybe that's why there are dozens of drives that promise whiter, straighter teeth plastered everywhere.
If you're considering making a dramatic change with cosmetic dentistry, here's how this dental procedure can transform your smile.
When it comes to re-creating a patient's smile, it is not as easy as setting veneers or crowns on teeth. It requires proper consultation with the dentist for customized smile designing. The smile is a clear reflection of oneself and gives a variety of emotions to those around us, and it is incomparable to each person.
Smile design is the process the dentist undergoes to project and visualize a patient's coveted smile. Sometimes it's just fixing some of the teeth flaws that you might feel self-conscious about. Or maybe you're getting older, and your teeth are cracking, or they're beginning to get discolored. Despite your situation, smile design is a method that can completely rebuild your dental health and character regardless of the initial condition of your teeth.
Ways to improve your smile
The first step to enhance your smile is to learn about the several cosmetic dentistry treatments available and which ones are best suited for you.
In this blog, you will discover the most successful cosmetic procedures from the best cosmetic dentist in Kolkata.
- Teeth Whitening: When it's time to get a whiter and brighter smile, there are various teeth-whitening products and treatments you can try. Your top choices are in-office or at-home bleaching. Before beginning any whitening treatment, you should consult with your dentist. Your dentist will advise you on the whitening procedures that will work best for you.
- Bonding: Bonding may enhance how your teeth look if they have extra space between them or if they are cracked, fractured, stained, or impaired. Dentists also use bonding substances to fill small cavities or to preserve the exposed root of a tooth. The dentist can typically do this procedure in a single office visit by administering an etching solution followed by tooth-colored elements, sometimes composite resins instantly to the tooth's surface where required.
- Veneers: These are thin shells made of tooth-colored elements intended to cover the front side of teeth. Unlike bonding, removing a small amount of enamel from your tooth to accommodate the shell is necessary. Based on the nature of your mouth, they are expected to look like your natural teeth. Veneers can correct teeth that:
- Have holes between them
- Have become cracked or impaired
- Are stained permanently
- Are shaped poorly
- Are crooked slightly
Before implanting veneers, the dentist first takes an x-ray of your tooth, then polishes the tooth before cementing the veneer in place. A beam of light hardens the cement, which solidifies the veneer to your tooth.
- Crowns: A crown is an excellent way to treat teeth that are discolored or poorly shaped. A crown can give your tooth a stronger and better appearance. Crowns can also be used to attach bridges and preserve a weak tooth from breaking or restoring one that's already broken. Sometimes, a dentist can design an in-office same-day crown or a temporary crown. The dentist fixes the tooth for the crown, makes molds of the tooth or demands a digital impression, presents you with a temporary crown, and then sets the permanent crown at a different time. Permanent crowns have a long life if you take good care of them.
- Braces:While orthodontic activity begins while a child is growing helps provide optimal outcomes, that doesn't imply that adults can't have braces. With the advancement in orthodontic treatments, we do not use only metal brackets as dental braces. Removable aligners, or "invisible braces," or clear plastic brackets are used to straighten crooked or crowded teeth at the best dental clinic in Kolkata. While placing braces, your dentist or orthodontist attaches brackets made of metal, ceramic, or plastic to your teeth. Then they set wires through the brackets, which lead the teeth into their accurate positions. Sometimes, dentists can connect lingual braces to the backs of teeth, covering them from appearance.
- Brushing and Flossing: It may seem evident, but brushing and flossing are the essential means for keeping a mouth healthy. Brush two times a day and floss at least once a day to stop cavities, and strengthen your oral health.
- Regular dental visits: Sometimes, as simple as visiting your dentist twice a year is one of the simplest things you can do to fix your smile. Aside from monitoring for cavities, oral diseases, and routine cleaning, your dentist can also present other alternatives to make your smile even brighter.
- Other Periodontal Plastic Procedures: Various other methods can also improve your smile. They involve procedures to assist with:
- An irregular gum line
- Teeth that look too small or too long
- Visible roots
- Indentions in your gums or jawbone
If problems like these matter for you, ask your dentist about the best possibilities for fixing them and creating a smile that you can be proud of.
Now you recognize what treatments can enhance your smile, it's time to find a dentist who gives what you need!
If you're looking for a cosmetic dentist in Kolkata, contact TeethCare Multispeciality dental clinic.
It is home to the best cosmetic dentistry treatments. We are conveniently located in both North and South Kolkata. We proudly serve our neighboring communities, including all the patients who visit us from different parts of West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha.