Everyone desires to have an accurate, beautiful smile. Sadly, many people experience having misaligned or crooked teeth. The discomfort of having to hide your smile not only affects your self-confidence and dental health but can also alter how others interact with you.
Earlier, Dental Braces used to be the only way to straighten teeth through traditional metal braces that were moderately visible while effective. That visibility often hinders adults from seeking orthodontic treatment. Thankfully, with the advancement in technology, there is a more delicate way to straighten your teeth.
What Are Braces?
Braces help straighten and reposition teeth using metal or plastic brackets and rubbers bands or wires. The dentist adjusts your frames during appointments to change the location of your teeth. But enduring braces compels a person to modify daily life skills.
While technological progress has improved traditional braces, there are still disadvantages to wearing them. Clear aligners reduce many of the negative features of wearing braces.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign, or "invisible aligners," is an advanced treatment for fixing dental problems. Teeth are adjusted to their proper place with the aid of clear guides. The clear braces fit on your teeth, making it almost impracticable for anyone to observe.
There are pros and cons for each option when it comes to the discussion of Invisalign vs. braces. Invisalign can present benefits that may surprise you.
Advantages of Invisalign
Along with giving you a perfect smile, Invisalign has many benefits for the wearer, such as comfort and flexibility; below, we will study eight advantages Invisalign has to offer.
- Comfortable:Removable aligners are more convenient than traditional braces. Traditional metal brackets have fine edges that dig and bite into your lips and cheeks. They can give sores that are hard to recover. You can attempt applying wax to the boundary of your brackets, but the wax often falls off swiftly. Removable aligners or Invisalign are customized for your teeth. They have uniform edges made with premium-quality resin, so you won't have any rough metal digging into your mouth.
- Invisible Appearance: Invisalign braces are invisible! They are absolutely transparent, so they don't divert the attention from your face or smile. It is an exceptionally great opportunity for adults, teens, and young adults who want to live life without the braces and wires connected with traditional braces.
- Removable: Traditional metal braces are bonded straight to your teeth, and for some, it is fortunate they cannot be separated. However, others consider this a disadvantage because they cannot be removed to eat, sleep, or brush their teeth. It leads to hours of flossing or very calm and gradual eating. On the other hand, Invisalign aligners are completely demountable. If you wish to eat something, you can easily remove the aligners yourself and put them back when you finish eating your favorite cuisine. Of course, you should make sure you brush your teeth before setting the aligners back in your mouth.
- Fewer Office Visits: Metal braces need a dental office visit for tightening the rubber bands or wires. Invisalign provides you with the liberty to enjoy activities while securing teeth repositioning and alignment advancement. When beginning the Invisalign treatment, you gain aligner trays for the prevailing phase and several phases. Assuming the trays in advance allows you to move on to the next stage without an added office visit.
- Improved Cleanliness: Invisalign trays are detachable; when you are ready to brush and floss your teeth, just detach the trays, brush your teeth, then keep them back in. You can also brush the trays yourselves! To ensure there is no build-up, just remove the trays and rinse or brush them with your toothbrush. It is essential to have strong teeth and gums while straightening your teeth to have to best smile potential at the end of treatment!
- Safe for Children, Adolescents, and Adults: Invisalign or invisible braces are safe for kids, teenagers, and grown-ups. While children between the age of 8-12 are advised for dental concerns and the possible use of straightening teeth, many dentists recommend waiting until your kid is 13 or 14 to get Invisalign. While this judgment will vary depending on the case, children shouldn't use Invisalign because of the responsibility of maintenance and probable loss of the aligner tray. Though age does not ensure an aligner won't get misplaced, it may be wise to wait anyway.
- Eat Whatever You Want: Food limitations are the worst bits of teeth straightening with many orthodontic alternatives. Some of your favorite cuisines are off-limits, which can really harm a special celebration; anything too hard, chewy, or sticky is off-limits! These issues are not caused by Invisalign. You can detach the trays and eat whatever you crave!
- Saves your time: In today's world, everybody has a hectic routine. It means nobody has the time to make repeated trips to the orthodontist's office. In such a circumstance, Invisalign is the correct choice. It will enable you to contribute less time at the orthodontist's office. It is because they only require to be repaired after every six weeks. It also implies that you will have fewer dental visits.
In the end, Invisalign is the ideal option to get a beautiful smile. You can have better oral health as it will be simple to wash your teeth. Anyone considering Invisalign treatment should book a consultation with TeethCare Multispeciality Dental clinic to check if he or she is a good candidate to wear them. Book an appointment to get the best dental braces in Kolkata and see if Invisalign is right for you.